Reporting to the Quality & Compliance Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of communication between customers and the Company regarding quality complaints and rejects. The incumbent is also required to ensure all requested customer surveys, first articles, corrective actions, and other quality reporting is complete, accurate, and finished within required time frames. Inspects products manufactured to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with Production and monitors finished products to ensure quality assurance.
- Primary communication point for customers for all quality complaints and returns.
- Investigates data obtained from customers to identify if the Company is at fault and determines root cause.
- Issues RMA #’s when appropriate, communicates directly with customers, and keeps Sales and Management informed of all issues.
- Issues Corrective Actions, both internal and external as appropriate and maintains accurate and timely data in the quality database.
- Completes all customer required quality forms and delivers them accurately and timely to the customer.
- Participates in assuring accurate information is issued to shop floor for proper production of a product.
- Assists in performing audits of external raw material, vendors, contractors, customers, and NQA as directed by the QC Manager.
- Assists with management reports such as collecting quality-indicating data trends, preparation of product reviews, investigation of deviations, variances, and product complaints.
- Participates in vendor certification programs (ISO, ITAR, etc.) as directed by the QC Manager.
- Follows all safety regulations and uses all approved safety equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 1 – 2 years of relevant experience is required; or, a High School diploma/GED with 2 – 3 years of applicable, relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail; demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member within various teams and committees.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.