Are you ready to join a growing company that focuses on quality products, safety, and innovation? Then, meet your new family: NFI Corp. – recognized as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in New England and part of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 list as the highest-ranked company in the Providence/Warwick/Fall River area!
- Under minimum supervision operates a computer and peripheral equipment to process data and complete work assignments. Lays out graphics, selects size and style of type, and enters text and graphics into a computer to produce printed materials. Designs and prepares finished artwork films used in screen printing and flexographic departments based on job requirements, customer specifications, and in accordance with Work Order Package.
Your Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and/or reviews computer-generated graphics according to customer specifications
- Generates renderings (proofs) for customer approval based on requirements
- Review other artists’ graphics as a second review
- Scans artwork with an optical scanner which changes the image into a computer-readable form
- Enters commands to position text and illustrations on page grid of computer monitor
- Edits customer file as necessary
- Receive customer files over the modem, convert and/or read
- Produce artwork on a Mac, PC or CAD in accordance with customer specifications
- Step & repeat, color separate art for film generation
- Generate films and at times inspect films to specifications
- Operates an Epson 7900 Film Printer.
- Create computer-generated graphics for company identification use (on occasion)
- Speak with customers when a customer requests to speak to an artist or has specific art questions.
- Every artist should have knowledge of Illustrator, Corel Draw, Quark Express, Photoshop AutoCAD and specialize in using Illustrator.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of work area, ensuring safe and efficient use of materials and equipment.
- Troubleshoot software problems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The minimum education required for this position is an Associate’s Degree, or certificate from Technical school in computer operations; or (GED) in Graphic Communication; or 5+ years of related experience
- HP Digital creation experience required
- PC Mac experience required
- Knowledge of printing and graphics, customer service skills, scheduling, time management, and quality assurance experience is helpful.
- Traveling required (occasionally)
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Ability to work independently or as a team member of various teams and committees
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
What We Offer:
In addition to joining a team that is employee focused, all full-time employees are eligible to receive:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 100% Company-paid STD/ LTD & Life
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- AND MORE!
We’re a 4-company organization that includes NFI, Design Mark, Flexible Pack, and Concierge in Print. Servicing customers through a variety of industries (medical, transportation, food/beverage, military, industrial, etc.), we manufacturer graphic overlays, customized labels, functional die cuts, and keypads. Your work can range from rugged labels for military equipment, or labels with holograms for medical devices – we have even sent labels into outer space with NASA! Backed by 40 years of success and fueled by a commitment to innovation, we are customer-centric, employees focused, and solution-driven.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.