Are you ready to join a growing company that focuses on quality products, safety, and innovation? Then, meet your new family: NFI Corp. – recognized as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in New England and part of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 list as the highest-ranked company in the Providence/Warwick/Fall River area!
NFI Corp. is looking to add a prepress professional to our team! As a self-starter, this role is fully responsible for utilizing professional publishing, imaging, and prepress software to complete proofs and drawings for the printing of screen and digitally printed graphics, flexographic and digital rolled labels, and digital plastic flexible packaging labels and sleeves.
Your Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the desired results and specifications necessary for completing proofs and/or drawings for the customer and production;
- Coordinate all associated outputs (tooling, files, films, plates) to ensure production needs are met;
- Develop and maximize the most efficient way to produce the overall layout and designs;
- Produce films, color separations, flexographic printing plates associated with orders;
- Troubleshoot and repair problematic files as needed;
- Establish cooperative relationships with associates and provide technical support as requested;
- Maintain currency with the latest design and printing technologies;
- Interact with multiple departments to understand and meet our customer’s needs;
- Customer responsiveness, teamwork, accuracy, and thoroughness are imperative to this position.
- Associate’s degree AND 1 year of graphic arts and/or printing experience are required;
- Work background in traditional prepress, including knowledge of trapping, halftones, screen angles, distortions, and dot gain is preferred;
- Knowledge of HP Indigo technologies and Adobe Illustrator Suite are preferred
- Strong computer and systems experience is required (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, internet);
- Excellent communication skills focusing on oral, written, and listening abilities;
- Solution-driven with the ability to work through a problem and maintain focus under pressure;
- Active team player who always exhibits a positive work attitude and can work with little supervision;
- A desire to work with a high-performance team and a willingness to grow and be challenged!
What We Offer:
In addition to joining a team that is employee focused, all full-time employees are eligible to receive:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 100% Company-paid STD/ LTD & Life
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- AND MORE!
We’re a 3-company organization that includes NFI, Design Mark, and Flexible Pack. Servicing customers through a variety of industries (medical, transportation, food/beverage, military, industrial, etc.), we manufacturer graphic overlays, customized labels, functional die cuts, and keypads. Your work can range from rugged labels for military equipment, or labels with holograms for medical devices – we have even sent labels into outer space with NASA! Backed by 40 years of success and fueled by a commitment to innovation, we are customer-centric, employees focused, and solution-driven.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.