JOB TITLE: In-Process Inspector
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediate
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Under general supervision inspects printed materials, assists printer in setup, breakdown,
and cleaning of the press:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews work order package with the printer during setup to ensure conformity to writteninstructions.
- Assists printer in gathering proper screen, ink and materials.
- Inspects printed materials and immediately notifies printer of defects or problems andsegregates for later repair. Marks any separations.
- Informs press operator of print problems observed during the production run.
- Removes printed color samples for testing during the production run, if required.
- Performs reclaiming of screens, removes ink residue, stores screens for later use, if appropriate.
- Gives the printer an accurate count of material printed before press breakdown.
- Labels any materials with proper labeling if not already present.
- Maintains a clean & safe work area. Ensures the safe and efficient use of materials andequipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years related experience or equivalent
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changingpriorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail; demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Ability to work independently/team member of various teams and committees
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
- Analytical/Problem Solving Motivation
- Technical Skills Planning/Organizing
- Interpersonal Skills Professionalism
- Written/Oral Communication Quality/Quantity
- Teamwork Safety and Security
- Quality Management Adaptability
- Business Acumen Attendance/Punctuality
- Diversity/Ethics Dependability
- Judgment Initiative
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and
talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually