Are you ready to join a growing company that focuses on quality products, safety, and innovation? Then, meet your new family: NFI Corp. – recognized as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in New England and part of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 list as the highest-ranked company in the Providence/Warwick/Fall River area!
FLEXOGRAPHIC PRESS OPERATOR
NFI Corp. wants to add an enthusiastic press operator to our team! This role is integral in setup, breakdown, maintenance, troubleshooting, operating, and cleaning of our Webtron, Nilpeter, and Allied presses. The goal is to ensure a high level of excellence with efficiency, safety, and dependability.
Your Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews work order package and contents to ensure accuracy against written and verbal instructions;
- Assists in gathering proper screens, ink, and materials. Obtain related supplies to produce job request;
- Sets up a press to run the product per established company guidelines and job requirements;
- Responsible for print quality by maintaining optimum production rate, color density, registration, and quality standards within company and customer guidelines, and make press adjustments as required;
- Produces 4 – 6 color process work on flexographic presses. Troubleshoots problems on presses;
- Produces and mounts flexographic plates. Completes production records;
- Performs in-process inspection and informs management of print problems observed during production run immediately as seen;
- Maintains a clean & safe work area. Ensures the safe and efficient use of materials and equipment;
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent AND three years related experience is required;
- Manufacturing environment experience is preferred;
- Strong computer and systems experience (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, internet);
- Commitment to excellence and high standards. Acute attention to detail.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm;
- Excellent communication skills focusing on oral, written, and listening abilities;
- Solution-driven with the ability to work through a problem and maintain focus under pressure;
- Active team player who always exhibits a positive work attitude and can work with little supervision;
- A desire to work with a high-performance team and a willingness to grow and be challenged!
What We Offer:
In addition to joining a team that is employee focused, all full-time employees are eligible to receive:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 100% Company-paid STD/ LTD & Life
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- AND MORE!
We’re a 4-company organization that includes NFI, Design Mark, Flexible Pack, and Concierge in Print. Servicing customers through a variety of industries (medical, transportation, food/beverage, military, industrial, etc.), we manufacturer graphic overlays, customized labels, functional die cuts, and keypads. Your work can range from rugged labels for military equipment, or labels with holograms for medical devices – we have even sent labels into outer space with NASA! Backed by 40 years of success and fueled by a commitment to innovation, we are customer-centric, employees focused, and solution-driven.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.