Are you ready to join a growing company that focuses on quality products, safety, and innovation? Then, meet your new family: NFI Corp. – recognized as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in New England and part of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 list as the highest-ranked company in the Providence/Warwick/Fall River area!
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Performs billing at the end of the day and maintains inventory in finished goods and incoming warehouses.
Your Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes shipping labels on packed cartons identifying shipping information via different carriers. Generates and prints bar code labels with appropriate information if required.
- Receives materials from suppliers and RMA’s from customers, loads and unloads trucks as instructed. Distributes all incoming materials to the proper departments and persons.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Maintains incoming and finished goods warehouses to verify accurate inventory through cycle counts.
- Notifies Switch Customer Service of COD shipments so they can alert the Accounts Payable Departments of incoming COD shipments.
- Fills out appropriate export documentation for international shipments. May aid in the packaging of those shipments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of shipping procedures with all local carriers.
- Operates BPCS computer system. Picks packing slips to accompany product shipments and completes billing entry at the end of the day.
- Sends Advanced Shipping Notification (ASN) to customers via the internet at the end of the day, if required.
- Sends out RMA’s to suppliers and debits correct warehouse via BPCS.
- Maintains documentation of shipments, both to customers and other facilities.
- May serve as back-up worker to production control or stockroom if needed.
- Analyzes and resolves any shipping charge discrepancies from UPS.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
- One year certification from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Basic Skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
We are a 4-company organization that includes NFI, Design Mark, Flexible Pack, and Concierge in Print. Servicing customers through a variety of industries (medical, transportation, food/beverage, military, industrial, etc.), we manufacturer graphic overlays, customized labels, functional die cuts, and keypads. Your work can range from rugged labels for military equipment, or labels with holograms for medical devices – we have even sent labels into outer space with NASA! Backed by 40 years of success and fueled by a commitment to innovation, we are customer-centric, employees focused, and solution-driven.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.